Friday, December 2

CHASING WATERFALLS: Pagsanjan Falls

I have the city at my doorstep and the mountains at my backyard. 

I love living at the Junction!


My sister said that as children, we went to  Pagsanjan Falls with playmates from the neighborhood. The problem with going to places like this below the age of 10 is that you don't recall it. Or at least I don't, with my poor memory. 

So I wanted to go back there because I wanted to see for myself the very-talked-about skills of the bangkeros maneuvering through river-rocks. 

And from that experience, I learned  it's possible to live in a tourism-commercial. It was truly breath-taking moving through a river between 2 walls; waterfalls revealed at almost every turn. I could imagine it from the eyes of someone not born and raised from a tropical place. I wonder how it all looks like looking down from the gully . . .
 


1 of 9 minor waterfalls on the way to Pagsanjan Falls

Seeing the foot-works live, pulling about 300-pounds (me, my friend Sandra, and the boat) of weight between them against the current, truly is impressive!



Whoever thought of paddling upriver and bringing tourists to the falls at the end of it, was brilliant!


on my way to Devil's cave

That's how you chase the Pagsanjan Waterfalls
 
easy does it!






GETTING THERE BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
* There are a few bus depots at Buendia, Taft with trips to Sta Cruz, Laguna. Then a jeepney to the town of Pagsanjan.

TRAVEL TIME:
* About 3-hrs by bus & less than 30-mins by jeep
* The boat paddling to and from the waterfalls will take about 2 hours

DAMAGE TO THE POCKET:
* Bus fare is under PhP150/head one way.
* Jeepney fare is under PhP30/head one way.
* Some online resources will say the boat is PhP500/head but the posters in town says PhP1,000 -- so if you get a PhP500/head price, let me know!



Chasing Waterfalls Series:
Daranak & Batlag Falls
Ambon-ambon Falls

1 comment:

  1. Napakadaldal kong tunay, rinig na rinig yung gay voice ko sa vid haha! Let's go back! Then to liliw again :)

    ReplyDelete